Nitrogen Use Efficiency: Statewide NUE Benchmarking for Corn Grain and Silage
Author(s) Abby Augarten, Amber Radatz, Matt Ruark, Erica Olson.
Calculating NUE (nitrogen use efficiency) can be relatively simple and offers insight into how N management can be altered in order to achieve economically optimum yields while reducing nutrient losses to the environment (12 pages; 2019).
In this guide you will find:
- Things to consider when selecting NUE fields
- How to set up a zero-N plot
- Soil sampling requirements and recommendations
- Best management practices for calibrating your yield monitor and
- Data collection and analysis responsibilities
For more information, visit UW Discovery Farms.Download