Wisconsin Bee Identification Guide
Author(s) Patrick J. Liesch, Christy Stewart, Christine Wen.
More than 24 color photographs plus descriptions will help you identify a dozen different bees commonly found throughout Wisconsin. Details include information on body size and segments, coloration, nesting habits, pollen-carrying characteristics, and foraging behavior (12 pages; 2017).
- Honey bee (Apis mellifera)
- Bumble bee (Bombus sp.)
- Leafcutter bee (Megachile sp.)
- Small carpenter bee (Ceratina sp.)
- Sweat bee (Halictidae sp.)
- Long-horned bee (Melissodes sp.)
- Mining bee (Andrena sp.)
- Squash bee (Peponapis pruinosa)
- Mason bee (Osmia sp.)
- Cellophane bee (Colletes sp.)
- Masked bee (Hylaeus sp.)
- Carder bee (Anthidium sp.)
- Cuckoo bee (Nomadinae sp.)